The Homoeopathic Medical Association of India is dedicated to the service of humanity on the basis of knowledge of medicine with Law of Similar, Unity, and Fatuity.
The Homoeopathic Medical Association of India is the only organization having its door always open for the entire homoeopathic fraternity – physicians, teachers, students and homoeopathic medicine manufacturing companies and pharmacists.
The Homoeopathic Medical Association of India (HMAI), West Bengal State Branch
West Bengal is the birth place of homoeopathy in India. It flourished in Bengal at first, and then spread all over India. The Homoeopathic Medical Association of India (HMAI) is the brain child of Dr. J.N. Kanjilal. Dr. Kanjilal dreamt to unite all the homoeopathic physicians of India under one umbrella to ensure the development of homoeopathy in our country. So with the sincere and combined efforts of the then senior stalwarts, a single All India organization “The Homoeopathic Medical Association of India” was established in the year 1975 by merging all other organization of those days. Since then, the West Bengal State Branch of HMAI has been functioning enthusiastically to fulfill the objectives of the organisation.
Despite its successful functioning since inception, the organization was homeless. So it was the long felt desire of all the members of the HMAI to have a home of their own, where they can co-ordinate all their activities in a more organised way to fulfill the basic objects of the organisation. To fulfill the above long cherished dream a Trust namely “Trust of West Bengal State Branch of The Homoeopathic Medical Association of India” was formed on18th April, 2013 as per article 41 of constitution The Homoeopathic Medical Association of India.
The Trust has now achieved its first target to construct HMAI Bhavan. In this regard, a 2 Cattah land at RA-384 Nabapally, ward -18, near Chingrihata, beside Shishu Ratna School, Salt Lake, Kolkata-700105, P.S. Bidhan Nagar was acquired and constructed a four storied building having the following facilities:
1. Conference/ Seminar Hall
2. Charitable Dispensary
4. Board room
5. Guest room
These facilities will be utilized for the following purpose:
1. To hold regular seminars/symposium/workshop/CME programs etc.
2. To run charitable dispensary.
3. To hold periodical meeting of the organisation.
4. To publish journal on homoeopathy and allied health sciences.
5. To maintain a library with internet facilities and having national and international journals for the use of members.
6. To organize health awareness program among the masses.
7. To organize homoeopathic awareness program.
8. To collaborate with the functioning and programs of state and central government, govt. affiliated organisations, for the development of homoeopathy.
9. To collaborate with other organisations having similar objectives of development of homoeopathy.
10. To organize clinical research in homoeopathy.
Plan of utilization of the building
1. Mezzanine & Ground floor – : Conference/ Seminar hall.
2. First floor:: Administrative Office of the HMAI, State Office of the W. B. State Branch HMAI, Board Room of the Trust and charitable dispensary.
3. Third floor : Guest rooms.